It’s December… which many wedding industry researchers have found to be the most popular month to pop the question. In fact, 7 out of the top 10 most popular days to get engaged take place in December, and almost 40 percent of all engagements happen between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day according to WeddingWire.
Interestingly, the popularity of proposing in December is not limited to the United States. A global survey of couples from 14 countries by The Knot showed only India as being the exception, with February being their most popular month.
While we don’t keep official “engagement season” stats at The Mountain Terrace, we do know that each year we see an uptick right after the winter holidays. Visitors to our website, phone calls, and requests for property tours increase from couples interested in weddings, commitment ceremonies, and receptions.
To kick off this most wonderful time of the year, here are a few of the trends that we are following this season (and can’t wait to see how they play out):
- Are couples choosing statement wedding bands to replace traditional sets?
- Does the local Christmas tree farm offer the perfect backdrop to a surprise proposal?
- Will brides be wearing their “something blue” on their ring finger?
- Are socially-distanced flash mobs really a thing?
- For the sustainability-conscious couple, will lab-grown diamonds be their go-to stone?
- And finally, will a proposal be your “one more thing” while unwrapping your holiday gifts this year?
Only time will tell. However, what we do know is that our team at The Mountain Terrace is excited about every engagement season, but especially this one. We certainly hope it is a special time for you and can’t wait to hear your holiday engagement story!